Attention: Ybor Businesses, Residents and Merchants
FCAN Public Gathering
FCAN, Florida Consumer Action Network, will hold a public gathering in Centennial Park today starting at 5:00pm and then will proceed to downtown Tampa for a speakers forum from 9:00-11:00 pm.
RNC Call Center Open
The City of Tampa opened a customer service call center this week to support the 2012 Republican National Convention (RNC) which is taking place from August 27-30, 2012. The RNC Call Center will provide up to date information on any additional street closures that may occur, parking options, basic directional assistance, and hospitality information for visitors.
The RNC Call Center number is (866) 762-8687, and is toll-free.
The RNC Call Center will be active until noon on Friday, August 31, 2012. It will be staffed and operational 24 hours a day during that time, and there will be a Spanish language speaker available. The RNC Call Center will not replace City operations, business functions, or call centers. A listing of general information regarding City Services during the RNC can be found on the City of Tampa website at tampagov.net/RNC. Additionally, residents, businesses, and visitors are also encouraged to sign up for Alert Tampa to receive important information and emergency notifications on your email, mobile device, or landline phone. Sign up for Alert Tampa online at tampagov.net/AlertTampa or via phone by calling (813) 231-6184.
Update: Bus/Streetcar Service During RNC
HART will operate all routes and service during the Republican National Convention (RNC). However, most transit detours and schedule changes will take effect Aug. 25 - 31 to adjust bus and streetcar service to road closures and security demands.
Information is subject to change throughout the convention, and HART customers are encouraged to sign up for RNC Rider Alerts, email advisories that will be distributed Aug. 24 - Sept. 1.
Below is a summary of bus and streetcar service during RNC. Please note that some routes will operate with flag stops (Flag service: patrons may flag the bus or van down anywhere along the route outlined for that particular service):
- Most bus routes will detour to operate north of Kennedy Boulevard. View map
- Shuttle to serve Tampa General Hospital/Davis Island to operate Aug. 27 - 31, 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. No fare. Flag service. View map
- In-Town Trolley/Downtown Shuttle to operate Aug. 27 - 30, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.; service will be suspended Aug. 27, Noon - 1:30 p.m. Regular hours Aug. 31. No fare. Flag service. View map
- Extra bus/streetcar service to operate Aug. 27 - 30.
- Separate Route 8 morning detour in effect Aug. 27 - 30 and will travel along Channelside. View map Route 8 morning detour will operate 4:30 a.m. - Noon, with 15/20 minute service to begin at 7:30 a.m. Extra signage will be placed on permanent and temporary bus stops along Seventh Avenue in Ybor City to help patrons identify special RNC bus service.
- Streetcar to operate regular hours Aug. 24 - 26 (Friday & Saturday: 11 a.m. - 2 a.m.; Sunday: Noon - 8 p.m.) Streetcar to operate with additional hours Aug. 27 - 30 (Noon - 1 a.m.)
- Streetcar stations 9, 10 and 11 (HSBC, Dick Greco Plaza, Whiting Stations) closed Aug. 25 - 31.
- HARTPlus (paratransit service) will provide routine service, except near the site of RNC. HARTPlus will drop off customers as close to the area as possible.
- HART on Franklin will be closed.
All transit customers should plan in advance and allow for extra time to account for potential service interruptions and schedule delays.
For more information on HART service during RNC, visit www.goHART.org or call the HART Info Line at 813-254-4278.
Additional Transportation Information:
- HART operates 200X, which travels between Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) operates 100X and 300X, which also travel between Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. For information on PSTA (Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority) detours, visit http://www.psta.net/RiderAlert.htm#Event_Detours
- City of Tampa has a customer service call center in support of the RNC. The RNC Call Center provides callers with up to date information on any additional street closures that may occur, parking options, basic directional assistance, and hospitality information for visitors. The RNC Call Center number is (866) 762-8687, and is toll-free.
- Commuter Solutions (clearinghouse of transportation information): rnc-traffic.com