- Participants form teams of 2 to 10 employees.
- Program has three, 4-week challenges for a total of 12 weeks.
- Participants will log their daily steps and then submit their totals at the end of each challenge.
Registered participants receive a free pedometer to keep track of their daily steps.
Please Note: This is a walking program to log and track walking steps. Runners are encouraged to participate; however, only walking steps should be logged.
- Team with the highest average number of steps per employee, will win the Grand Prize:
- A Team Lunch;
- "Wild on Walking" Trophy to display in their department;
- Bragging Rights; and,
- The winning team will be announced in the May 8 WOW (Wellness on Wednesday - E-news health tips). In the event of a tie, the winning team will be randomly drawn.
Goal & Challenge...
Walk every day to obtain the suggested daily steps for each challenge:
Challenge I: February 4 - March 3, 2013 (28 days) 4,000 steps a day (112,000 total steps)
Challenge II: March 4 - March 31, 2013 (28 days) 8,000 steps a day (224,000 total steps)
Challenge III: April 1 - April 28, 2013 (28 days) 10,000 steps a day (280,000 total steps)
To Register: Complete a Team Registration Form and a Participant Registration/Waiver form. Once completed, send all forms to your Workforce Wellness Team Department Representatives.
The city is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and will continue to provide wellness initiatives to promote healthy lifestyle choices. If you have any questions or would like to provide suggestions regarding any health topic, please contact: Karla Kipi, Wellness/Safety Specialist at (813) 274-5706 or firstname.lastname@example.org