(019) $13.56 an hour     $28,204.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Annual leave, sick leave; paid holidays; pension plan; medical and life insurance.
As a Utility Technician Trainee your role will be to perform manual and semi-skilled construction, maintenance and repair work.
RESPONSIBLITIES: The Utility Technician Trainee is responsible for:
- Performing manual and semi-skilled construction, maintenance and repair work at Water Distribution, Wastewater Collections or Stormwater.
- Operating hand and power tools and small equipment.
- Performing simple measurements; interpreting gauge and meter readings.
- Transporting materials, tools, and equipment to and from job sites; setting up and removing warning signs and traffic control devices with guidance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The Utility Technician Trainee is expected to:
- Perform tasks of a hazardous nature and to work shifts.
- Have knowledge of proper safety practices; proper use of hand signals for equipment operations; gas detector equipment; pipe sizes and materials; confined space; directional flow of collection systems or water distribution systems; communications equipment.
- Have the ability to read and write; understand and follow oral and written instructions; read and interpret road maps; drive and work safely; perform work requiring physical strength; work in confined spaces; operate small equipment; work in a team atmosphere; be a self-starter, try new ideas, and acquire skill flexibility; communicate effectively; deal with and resolve conflict within a team; be courteous under pressure; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and general public.
- Have skill in the use and care of basic hand and power tools; the use of small equipment; driving trucks.
- Performs related work as required.
High school, technical or vocational school graduation.
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Possession of a valid Driver’s License. For Collections and Stormwater vacancies, possession of a valid Florida CDL Class “A” with Tanker within six (6) months of employment. For Water Distribution vacancies, a valid Florida CDL Class “B” within (6) months of employment.
SPECIAL JOB DEMANDS:
Selected individuals must be able to demonstrate the matrix skill level to qualify for Utility Technician Trainee within a 6-month period. Technicians may only remain in this classification for 12 months and must be able to demonstrate a matrix skill level to qualify for Utility Technician I within a 12-month period.
Evaluation of training and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of December 11, 2009. Resumes and copies of certifications may be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org for attachment to your on-line application. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed. Please reference the job code for all attachments e-mailed to the site.
Posted: 11-24-09 (360000)
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
12/11/2009 will not be processed.