(N32) $47,840.00 - $71,593.60 a year|
UNCLASSIFIED POSITION: This is an appointed position, which serves at the pleasure of the Mayor.
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB SUMMARY: The Grants Specialist will administer all phases of the Cityís grant process, from pre-award preparation to post-award administration.
- Provides pre-award and post-award services for all City entities; pre- and post- award assistance is related to all types of grants and other funding sources from a variety of sponsors and funding agencies including federal, state, non-profit, private sponsors and others.
- Identifies appropriate funding opportunities and evaluates the prospects for obtaining funds.
- Coordinates the grant application process to include the preparation, submission, and monitoring of grant status.
- Works with department management and operational staff members and with representatives of other city departments to establish the scope, objectives, budgets, and expenditure proposals for the grant.
- Maintains documentation and records, to include grant reporting.
- Independently plans, designs, and conducts non-grant related research studies as requested.
- Analyzes research data and recommends policies, procedures, and other courses of action as a result of the analysis.
- Conducts statistical and other qualitative analyses and verifies the accuracy and consistency of selected data.
- Assists with obtaining City Council resolutions for applications, contracts and awards involving grants.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of grants and government funding resources.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate grant programs.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret and apply grant regulations and proposal guides.
- Ability to prepare and present effective oral and written reports.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent writing, editing, spelling, grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses a professional demeanor; self-motivation; ability to meet deadlines; attention to detail; ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SUGGESTED MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in planning, public or business administration, social sciences, or a related field and two years of experience in researching, developing or administering grants or endowment funded projects, including preparation of grant applications; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open for recruitment until further notice.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.