(022) $15.27 - $21.69 an hour     $31,761.60 - $45,115.20 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible recreation work in a lead capacity with special programs in fine arts, theater arts, or with special populations and senior citizens at an assigned recreation center
- Teaching and/or overseeing fine arts, theatre art, or programs for special populations and senior citizens.
- Ordering supplies for all aspects of fine art, performing and theatrical art programming.
- Performing a variety of theatrical programs; scheduling center activities.
- Constructing puppets, props, scenery, and costumes; planning and writing scripts.
- Consulting with individuals and groups representing the target populations to determine recreation needs and interests.
- Preparing and submitting reports.
- Verifying purchase orders and requisitions.
- Inspecting facilities and equipment to ensure safety.
- Working varying schedules, which might include nights and weekends, and to travel to various locations.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of techniques, aids, and use and care of equipment applicable to a wide variety of recreation, fine arts, special events, creative arts, and special population activities.
- Knowledge of working with senior citizens.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR; public relations.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct recreational activities.
- Ability to counsel and advise participants.
- Ability to oversee the work of others.
- Ability to maintain records and compile reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, community groups, and the general public.
- Ability to stimulate participation and support for activities from target populations, municipal officials and outside agencies.
- Ability to perform activities requiring light to moderate physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to work effectively with health care/social service professionals in the planning of client services.
- Skill in care/maintenance of recreational equipment; operating power tools and sound and light systems.
QUALIFICATIONS: High-school graduation and completion of two (2) years of college with coursework in
recreation, leisure services, art, or a closely related field, and three (3) years experience in specialized recreation programs, preferably in an instructional capacity; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Note: An acceptable transcript of college coursework/credits may be requested.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a background in Fine Arts with the ability to teach pottery, glass, drawing/painting, fabric arts, jewelry, metalsmithing, or photography.
Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License; some positions may require a Florida CDL, Class “C” with passenger endorsement within six (6) months of appointment.Possession of Standard First Aid and CPR Certificates, or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processings.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of April 16, 2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
4/16/2012 will not be processed.