(019) $13.83 - $19.66 an hour     $28,766.40 - $40,892.80 a year|
Part-time 30hrs a week
SALARY RANGE: (019) $13.56 - $19.27 an hour.
BENEFITS: Option to join the Cityís health and dental programs at full-cost; paid holidays, pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans, plus those benefits required by law such as social security and workerís compensation.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected applicant will be responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled assignments in the general maintenance and repair of municipal buildings, facilities, equipment, and devices.
- Performing general maintenance work including carpentry, painting, plumbing, welding, plastering, and pipefitting.
- Repairing electrical systems, and lighting equipment.
- Installing pumps, valves and compressors.
- Refinishing floors and furniture.
- Remodeling public buildings and facilities.
- Constructing shelves, cabinets, partitions, shelters, and other wood or metal structures.
- Participates in installation of sprinkler and underground irrigation systems, including laying pipes and electrical lines.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITITIES:
- Knowledge of methods, practices, tools, and materials used in building and mechanical maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions.
- Ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled assignments associated with building and mechanical maintenance and repairs requiring physical strength.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
- Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment pertinent to the performance of maintenance and repair work.
- Skill in operating various motor vehicles and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of the tenth grade and one (1) year experience in general building and mechanical maintenance and repair work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida Driverís License; a valid Florida Commercial Driverís License may be required.
Written Test (Time Limit: 2 hours). Submit your application first, then call our office to verify you are quaified to test. Applicants must telephone the Employment Services Office (813-274-8911) to schedule an appointment for the written test.(Photo Identification is required at time of testing.)Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 11, 2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/11/2012 will not be processed.