(014) $11.34 - $16.18 an hour     |
PART-TIME 20 & 30 HOURS
BENEFITS: Option to join the City’s health and dental programs at full-cost; paid holidays, pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans, plus those benefits required by law such as social security and worker’s compensation.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing tasks of routine difficulty in receiving and recording payments and calculating and disbursing appropriate change.
- Performs cashiering tasks for municipal parking garages.
- Ensures that amounts of payments received and cash disbursed are correct.
- Mathematical calculations may be required to determine amount of payment due for some transactions; however, such calculations are routine and based upon established rate schedules.
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment, as well as tact and courtesy, in contacts with customers.
- Work might be performed on assigned shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Employees may work as trainees in preparation for advancement to higher level positions.
- Employees may be required to serve as cashier for outdoor events and activities, which involve standing for long periods of time and working in inclement weather.
- Work is performed under general supervision and reviewed through observation and balancing of cash receipts and records.
- Operates, cleans and performs minor maintenance on various machinery, equipment and parking garages.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge ofthe practice and procedures of cashiering.
- Ability to receive cash, record payments, and calculate and give change with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to work outdoors, often in inclement weather, standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to learn rules, regulations, procedures, and functions of the area to which assigned; the methods and techniques of preparing routine reports of cash receipts.
- Ability to acquire skill in the operation, care and minor maintenance of various machinery and equipment such as cash registers and ticket dispensers.
High-school graduation, preferably with cashiering experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are required to take and pass a written exam. A background investigation and polygraph examination will be conducted on the candidate selected for employment. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment medical examinations.
EXAMINATION: Written Test (Time Limit: 1 hour)
TEST DATES AND TIMES: First, submit your application for employment. Second, call Employment Services at 813-274-8911 to determine if you meet the job qualifications, and, if so, to schedule your exam date and time. (Photo Identification is required at time of testing.)
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 16, 2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/16/2012 will not be processed.