(021) $14.61 - $20.87 an hour     $30,388.80 - $43,409.60 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENT CITY OF TAMPA EMPLOYEES.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected applicant will be responsible for performing any of a variety of specialized clerical, secretarial and administrative tasks of more than average difficulty; specific responsibilities of this position will vary according to the requirements of the hiring department.
- Performing responsible specialized office clerical work, division-level support staff, complex records keeping, and administrative activities.
- Typing or operating computers accurately and at a prescribed rate of speed.
- Possessing an intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Possessing a high level of accuracy with extensive record keeping.
- Working independently and possess analytical skills for problem solving.
- Performing related duties as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of business English and mathematics; standard office practices, procedures, and equipment; use of computers.
- Working knowledge of rules, regulations, application procedures.
- The ability to understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions.
- The ability to prepare clear and concise written reports; maintain complex records; edit and correct correspondence and reports for final typing or production.
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- The ability and skill in the operation and minor maintenance of office machinery and equipment; typing or operating computer accurately and at a prescribed rate of speed, when required.
High-school graduation and three (3) years office or clerical experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Performance test of typing ability (passing is 45 wpm with a maximum of 5 errors).
- Written Test (Time Limit: 1-1/2 hours).
- Submit your application first, then call our office to verify you are qualified to test. Applicants must telephone the Employment Services Office (813-274-8911) to schedule an appointment for the written test.(Photo Identification is required at time of testing.)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 5, 2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/5/2012 will not be processed.