(032) $22.53 - $32.10 an hour     $46,862.40 - $66,768.00 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing technical inspection work involving municipal buildings and facilities management, with primary emphasis on inspection of janitorial, pest control, landscaping, security and other services under contract.
- Monitoring contractual service agreements to ensure work is performed as specified by contract and vendors comply with contractual pricing.
- Monitoring and inspecting all contractual work related to janitorial, pest control, landscaping, security and other services.
- Meeting with contractors and sub-contractors interested in bidding on city jobs.
- Explaining nature and scope of work to be performed, special requirements and procedures to be followed monitors projects awarded from start to finish to ensure compliance with plans and specifications; compares progress to projected schedules.
- Identifying plan discrepancies or deficiencies and reports to supervisor with proposed solutions
- Meeting with manufacturer’s and contractor’s representative where appropriate to ensure that the work results in the city receiving designated warranties.
- Submitting reports to supervisor on completion of work so that final payment can be authorized.
- Interacting with city employees and supervisors in various departments to provide information concerning the status and schedule of planned and on-going building and maintenance activities by contractors; confers with contractor and workers to explain and interpret plans and expectations.
- Verifying contractual invoices for accuracy and compliance with city ordinances.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of purchase order, requisition, and invoice process.
- Knowledge of work management databases.
- Knowledge of financial records keeping.
- Ability to use work management databases.
- Ability to read and understand plans, diagrams and specifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other city employees, contractors and their workers, and with the general public.
- Ability to inspect contractual work to detect poor workmanship and or violation of plans and specifications.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights; operate light automotive equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and prepare reports.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school and three (3) years experience in maintenance, repair and construction of buildings, including building inspection and/or estimating of building maintenance and repair needs and six (6) months experience in inspections of fire alarms, fire sprinklers, generators, HVAC, and elevators; any equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license. (Submit copy of license with application).
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of August 2, 2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
8/2/2012 will not be processed.