(N28) $39,956.80 - $59,841.60 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing mortgage assistance eligibility and processing, duties associated with City of Tampa acquisition and relocation program, and counseling tasks as related to housing and foreclosure prevention.
- Performing housing assistance acquisition and relocation program and counseling tasks to establish eligibility for various programs utilizing underwriting criteria requiring a knowledge of credit and basic real estate practices, solid knowledge of mortgage origination and laws, and the ability to determine capacity to repay.
- Researching and preparing legal documents, developing recommendations as to just compensation, and providing guidance to lower level personnel.
- Processing loan and grant applications and are responsible for expenditure of loan funds and oversight of escrow accounts utilizing appropriate accounting procedures.
- Maintaining and reviewing financial records, coordinate activities with other agencies and providing direct service to individuals in need of housing assistance.
- Preparing and submitting applications for governmental housing assistance; ordering and analyzing appraisals as well as surveys and title reports.
- Ascertaining clear title through consultation with attorneys, contacting previous owners, acquiring quit-claim deeds, and negotiating discounts on liens and judgments;
- Preparing mortgages, satisfactions, promissory notes, and affidavits; conducts loan settlements, mortgage payoffs, and closeouts.
- Receiving, recording, and disbursing loan and grant proceeds; maintaining records of activities.
- Assisting in locating property for acquisition; determines ownership, obtains and analyzes appraisals and makes recommendations regarding acquisition; negotiates with property owners.
- Reporting of client information and data. Assisting with state and federal reports in support of grant activities.
- Preparin g loan packages based on applicant’s ability to repay, credit, and title evaluation, verification of mortgage and income for submittal to the program manager.
- Acting as liaison between city and private sector on loan packaging.
- Preparing and delivering oral presentations concerning processes, procedures, and purposes of various housing assistance programs.
- Acting as a team leader/supervisor on a project basis in order to facilitate project completion.
- Tasks involve extensive public contact, often with persons whose financial condition precludes obtaining housing through normal channels; therefore, tact and courtesy are required in dealing with these individuals as well as real estate personnel, City Attorney’s staff, and others.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of mortgage origination and real estate.
- Knowledge of appraisal methods, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of federal and state guidelines relative to housing assistance programs, local lender underwriting criteria, and state bank statutes that affect leveraging programs.
- Working knowledge of processes and procedures employed in housing counseling.
- Working knowledge of real estate laws; programs and agencies that render housing assistance.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures; Microsoft office.
- Ability to evaluate housing information and draw sound conclusions.
- Ability to counsel and communicate effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to prepare and deliver written and oral reports; keep accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, officials, and the public.
- Ability to work with title companies in analyzing reports and offering solutions for changing title clouds, judgments, and liens.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences, or a related field and one (1) year of experience in real estate, housing counseling, or credit administration including experience in Federal housing programs, OR, an associate’s degree in business administration, social sciences, or a related field and five (5) years of experience in real estate, housing counseling, or credit administration including experience in federal and state housing programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Certified Housing Counselor by accredited institution, Possesion of or the ability to obtain a valid Florida Mortgage Originator license within six (6) months of employment.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of August 9,2012. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
8/9/2012 will not be processed.