(021) $14.61 - $20.87 an hour     $30,388.80 - $43,409.60 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible administrative work involving human resources activities.
- Performing and coordinating all aspects of HR transactions and records keeping or performing major HR related function, such as payroll records processing and maintenance with diverse procedural requirements.
- Exercising reasonable initiative and independent judgment in entering information, detecting and correcting errors and in performing other assignments under general supervision.
- Working flexible hours, and some evening and weekends.
- Coordinating activities between Human Resources and various departments and accounting offices to include providing appropriate written notifications when required.
- Preparing and maintaining detailed HR records and databases.
- Reviewing payroll leave and related records compiled by other employees for accuracy, completeness and conformance to appropriate guidelines.
- Reviewing records, such as leave balances, periodically for accuracy and makes corrections as necessary.
- Completing Workers’ Compensation forms.
- Coordinating and/or participating in such yearly events as: insurance open enrollment; ethics disclosure; and, update of employees’ personal data in PeopleSoft/Oracle.
- Providing information to employees regarding status, separation pay, overtime, and other matters, either in person or by telephone.
- Responding to inquiries regarding HR policies and procedures, answering or referring as appropriate.
- Requesting background checks, scheduling pre-employment drug screen and orientation for prospective new employees.
- Assisting employees in completing HR related forms.
- Operating various office machines and equipment.
- Initiating records and reports, and maintains necessary files.
- Answering telephone, routing calls as necessary.
- Ordering and dispensing supplies and materials.
- Performing records retention functions.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of municipal organization, programs and policies.
- Some knowledge of modern public HR administration principles and practices; civil service law, rules and regulations; personnel policies and pertinent collective bargaining agreements.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft/Oracle.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, and to work independently and complete activities assigned.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, detect errors, maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Ability to train other employees, as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with municipal employees and the general public.
- Ability to work flexible hours, some evening and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and three (3) years general office or clerical experience, including one (1) year experience in HR related activities; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS: Experience entering time and attendance. Experience in retrieving data from Oracle/PeopleSoft. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, your application must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 22, 2013; applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/22/2013 will not be processed.