(S16) $54,724.80 - $82,035.20 a year|
JOB CODE: 362600
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible and supervisory work involving support services at the municipal wastewater collection division.
- Planning, assigning, supervising, and reviewing the work of several crews engaged in performing complex and technical work.
- Assisting crew chiefs in assigning and expediting jobs.
- Supervising the operation of the vehicle maintenance sections, grease trap inspections, and utility locate sections.
- Responsible for the departmentís annual Fleet budgeting, purchasing of vehicles and equipment, coordinating the assignment and availability of vehicles and equipment for daily use.
- Supervising the servicing and maintaining of the departmentís fleet of construction (including providing emergency road assistance)
- Supervising the coordinating and Transporting of heavy construction equipment to jobsites and pump stations.
- Supervising the Inspecting of commercial establishments for compliance with the City Grease Management Ordinance (GMO).
- Supervising the inspections of cooling tower discharge water meters for proper installation and auditing meter readings performed by customers; registering commercial grease haulers for the (GMO).
- Supervising the Investigating of commercial and residential illegal sewer connections.
- Supervising the Locating and marking of all underground utilities prior to construction by City forces or outside contractors in accordance with the Sunshine State One Call of Florida requirements.
- Supervising the Investigation of damage to Department facilities potentially attributed to activities done by contractors to determine liability.
- Assisting in preparation of detailed work plans.
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Implementing safety regulations and requirements; inspecting work in progress.
- Investigating complaints related to wastewater construction activities.
- Recommending such personnel actions as employment, promotions, transfers, demotions, suspensions, and dismissals
- Completing performance evaluations and administering required discipline.
- Holding employees accountable for quality and quantity of all work performed within the section.
- Compiling necessary reports for productivity and tracking of performance metrics.
- Maintaining attendance records and time sheets.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: methods, practices, materials, and equipment used in construction and maintenance; occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions; effective supervisory practices; operation and care of vehicles and equipment utilized in wastewater collection activities; vehicle maintenance scheduling techniques and procedures; government purchasing processes
Working knowledge of: the City of Tampa Grease Management Ordinance; the Sunshine State One Call of Florida requirements; basic to Intermediate knowledge of O&M Budget; and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems for managing assets; Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Ability to: plan, assign, supervise, and review the work of subordinate employees; read and interpret plans and specifications; understand, interpret and effectively carry out written and oral instructions; maintain records and prepare clear and concise reports; deal with complaints tactfully and efficiently; write technical specifications; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, officials and others.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a wastewater collection operation preferably with experience in coordinating the maintenance and/or repair of vehicles and equipment and at least six (6) months in related supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
<>Preferred Qualifications: Bachelorís degree in Management, Public Administration, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or a related field with three (3) yearsí experience in leading or working in a team environment, preferably in the water resources, public utilities, grease management program, subsurface utility locating program or comparable industrial experience, and five (5) years of supervisor experience; or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida commercial driverís license may be required.
Preferred Certifications:: Code Enforcement Professional (CEP) Certification.Wastewater Collection ďAĒ Certification from the Florida Water and Pollution Control Operators Association (FW&PCOA)
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of September 17, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
10-6-10; 9-17-13 (362600)
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
9/17/2013 will not be processed.