(S22) $70,262.40 - $105,268.80 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS - TRANSPORTATION DIVISION.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will serve as the Transportation Chief Roadway Design Engineer with the Transportation Division and is responsible for managing, supervising and directing the City's transportation design activities and performing professional engineering work in planning, developing, designing, and directing the transportation plan, transportation capital improvement projects, and transportation programs.
- Supervises the project management, roadway design, and survey groups within the City's Transportation Division.
- Participates in contract negotiation and administration; prepares and monitors contracts with outside consultants.
- Serves as technical advisor on transportation related matters.
- Confers with engineers, architects, developers, citizen groups, and other public agencies to acquire and provide information.
- Prepares and monitors capital budgets for transportation capital projects.
- Makes recommendations on traffic and transportation projects in short- and long-range plans.
- Plans, directs, monitors, and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Participates in the preparation, revision, updating, and distribution of department standards, details, and specifications.
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities.
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures.
- Produces design plans and construction documents for roadway capacity, intersection, seawall and bridge repair projects.
- Produces conceptual design for capital projects to determine project scope of work, project impacts, and cost estimates.
- Serves as the Senior Consultant Project Manager for Roadway Design Projects.
- Responsible for coordinating project reviews and approval of plans and specifications prepared by consulting engineering firms.
- Develops detailed project schedules and work programs using critical-path method techniques.
- Reviews construction activities, while in progress and upon completion to ensure conformance with plans, good engineering practices, and established work methods and procedures.
- Coordinates with other City departments for design and construction issues on assigned projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Extensive knowledge of: principles and practices of the assigned area of engineering; federal, state, and municipal rules, regulations, and other pertinent documents; engineering developments and information related to assigned area.
Considerable knowledge of: engineering and administrative management procedures, practices, and methods.
Ability to: supervise the work of personnel engaged in a variety of engineering assignments; analyze and interpret plans, specifications, contracts, and other technical materials and draw sound conclusions; organize in report form and present sound recommendations effectively, both orally and in writing; train others in assigned area; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and the public.
QUALIFICATIONS: Registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Florida. Submit copy of PE license with application.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Driverís License.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of September 12. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
9/12/2013 will not be processed.