(N33) $51,001.60 - $76,460.80 a year|
JOB CODE: 102200
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for preparing architectural drawings for landscaping at municipal buildings and facilities.
- Manages consultantís architectural drawings for park and recreation centers improvement projects.
- Oversees and inspects the installation of park facility improvements including community centers, picnic shelters, stormwater systems, parking lots, lighting, hardscape, landscape and irrigation systems being completed by outside contractors for conformance with approved plans and specifications.
- Participates in park planning, prepares and executes grant applications, prepares construction documents and specifications for park and recreation projects.
- Prepares architectural drawings for park and landscape improvement projects; designs layouts and prepares drawings for irrigation systems.
- Directs and participates in preparation of specifications and drawings for bidding of landscaping and park improvement projects including cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Performs related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in landscape architecture or ornamental horticulture and one (1) year of experience in landscape architecture; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Requirements: five (5) years of experience in landscape architecture.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Registration in the State of Florida as a Landscape Architect; or, registration from another state with the ability to obtain Florida registration within six (6) months of employment.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of October 16, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
10/16/2013 will not be processed.