(021) $14.61 - $20.87 an hour     $30,388.80 - $43,409.60 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITHIN PARKS & RECREATION.
POSITION PURPOSE: To participate in assignments requiring considerable contact with the general public by performing customer service tasks related to requests for and questions about utility services, billing charges and taxes, occupational license fees, and providing other crucial support functions.
- Responding in a timely, positive and effective manner to a large volume of customer service inquiries received by phone, in person, or via e-mail and making follow-up calls to customers as necessary.
- Providing accurate information that effectively meets the needs of the customer.
- Researching appropriate information utilizing available resources and analyzing this information to identify the problem and the appropriate course of action necessary for resolution.
- Ensuring all problems experienced by the customer is resolved in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Preparing written reports.
- Using initiative, independent judgment, tact and courtesy while working within established guidelines.
- Maintaining necessary records.
- Performing related duties as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures, and functions required for delivery of services.
- Knowledge of appropriate municipal codes, ordinances, resolutions, laws, principles and methods related to the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the layout of the city and its geography.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and email software.
- Ability to meet the general public, adapt well to change, and consistently maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to build effective inter and intra departmental relationships and to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with others towards task and goal accomplishment and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain self-control and professionalism under difficult circumstances and to convey unfavorable and complex information in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to identify and escalate priority issues, maintain call control, use effective communication strategies and appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to learn and apply information quickly and willingly.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to maintain effective records using a variety of source materials.
- Skill in operating a variety of office and communications equipment, including Microsoft Office Suite, Groupwise, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and one (1) year experience in the field of customer service, problem resolution or field inspections or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. A background investigation and polygraph examination will be conducted on the candidate selected for employment.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of October 16, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
10/16/2013 will not be processed.