(019) $13.56 - $19.27 an hour     $28,204.80 - $40,081.60 a year|
POSITION PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for all tanker watering of downtown street trees, litter truck operations, and all general medium range equipment use within the Parks & Recreation department.
- Operating mini-wheelers and tandems dump trucks on public streets and highways.
- Operating diverse, moderately complex motorized roadway equipment in support of street resurfacing and roadway construction activities.
- Performing minor maintenance and servicing on vehicle/equipment.
- Performing manual and unskilled laboring tasks.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in roadway construction, street maintenance, and repair work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions where required.
- Knowledge of the operational and minor maintenance characteristics of heavy trucks and moderately complex motorized roadway construction/street maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of traffic laws, occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions.
- Knowledge of asphalt resurfacing and general roadway maintenance and roadway reconstruction.
- Knowledge of the use and care of hand and power tools and equipment related to assigned areas.
- Ability to operate the following heavy equipment in conjunction with asphalt resurfacing, street maintenance and roadway construction: pay-loaders, tandem-roller, traffic roller, mini-wheeler, tandem and 5yard dumps (asphalt and construction hauling) broom sweeper and water truck.
- Ability to perform work activities requiring physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to acquire skill and develop proficiency in the operation of specialty and complex motorized construction/maintenance equipment. (Pay loaders, traffic rollers, Tandems, mini wheelers and 5-yard dump trucks (asphalt and construction hauling), broom sweepers, water trucks).
- Skill and ability to demonstrate proficiency in the operation of heavy trucks and/or moderately complex motorized construction/maintenance equipment.
- Skill in the use and care of hand and power tools related to assigned areas.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum qualifications include completion of elementary school and one (1) year experience in operating lightweight trucks and/or simple motorized construction and maintenance equipment, including formal training or six (6) months experience in operating heavy trucks and/or moderately complex construction and maintenance equipment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Completion of high school or GED is desired.
Possession of a valid Florida Commercial Driver's License Class “B” with Air Brakes - or - Class "B" with Air Brakes/Tanker. (Submit photocopy of the CDL with the application.)
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. A Supplemental Training & Experience Form must be submitted with the employment application.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of October 31, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
10/31/2013 will not be processed.