(024) $16.78 - $23.91 an hour     $34,902.40 - $49,732.80 a year|
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible leadership and instructional work involving activities at a 50- meter pool, larger aquatics facility, or water park.
- Organizes,schedules and coordinates programs and activities at a 50-meter pool,larger aquatics facility or water park with diverse programs and maintenance requirements.
- Oversees maintenance of the swimming area, equipment, and supplies.
- Tests water daily and maintains proper chemical balance and insures that filtration systems are functioning properly.
- Requests building and grounds maintenance as required to preserve the safety and appearance of the facility.
- Schedules, assigns, trains, oversee, and provides leadership to lower level employees.
- Evaluates and identifies training needs to ensure that all safety rules are enforced.
- Develops training classes, curriculum and lesson plans.
- Conducts orientation, basic, on-the-job, and/or specific training in order to bring employees or the public up-to-date.
- Enforces safety rules and ensures that other employees enforce rules to maintain safety of participants.
- Acts as safety monitor to promote or enforce safety within an assigned area.
- Administers and oversees first aid and lifesaving techniques; responds immediately and
- Takes responsibility in case of emergency.
- Teaches swimming lessons to both adults and children; teaches lifeguarding, first aid, CPR, and basic water safety.
- Maintains records and submits reports; prepares attendance sheets, daily reports and special activities summaries.
- Compiles accident reports; maintains payroll, inventory and supply ordering information.
- Oversees locker room activities.
- Submits requests for supplies and equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: swimming pool operations and management; water safety, lifesaving, and first aid principles, procedures and practices; water filtration procedures and operation of pool equipment.
Working knowledge of: basic records keeping.
Ability to: plan, assign and review the work of other employees; instruct others in lifesaving and first aid procedures; react quickly, calmly and rationally in emergencies; maintain records and compile reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public; communicate and interact effectively with the general public; perform duties requiring physical strength and endurance.
Skill in: swimming and lifesaving procedures; the operation and maintenance of lifesaving equipment; lifeguard audits.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and completion of three (3) years of college with three (3) years’ experience in aquatics or recreation operations, including maintenance, program planning and operations, training, and leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of: current nationally certified First Aid, CPR, FPR, and Lifeguarding Certificates; a valid Florida driver's license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of November 22, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
11/22/2013 will not be processed.