(S20) $65,478.40 - $98,217.60 a year|
JOB CODE: 340700
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of operations employees in the Distribution and Consumer Services Division of the Water Department to ensure daily operations of potable and reclaimed water systems.
- Provides day-to-day leadership of projects and initiatives.
- Monitors and evaluates work practices and overall team performance;
- Coaches and motivates other leadership team members, team leaders and specialists.
- Identifies problems in early stages; makes timely decisions; monitors and demonstrates continuous improvement.
- Assists division manager in strategic planning which includes budget administration, resource allocation, goal development, employee development, performance evaluations, and tracking, implementing and completing departmental goals and objectives.
- Works with Support leadership to identify resources for daily work and projects.
- Ensures effective two-way communication throughout the organization.
- Communicates with City administration.
- Serves as inter-governmental and intra-departmental liaison.
- Responsible for all Distribution and Consumer Services Division responsibilities in Division Manager's absence.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Advanced knowledge of:technical skills as defined in the skills matrix; regulatory requirements; building and directing teams; leadership.
Intermediate knowledge of:the organization, performance management; team dynamics;cost/benefit analysis; scheduling.
Intermediate ability to: motivate; maintain external focus.
Advanced skill in:communication; problem solving; coaching; conflict resolution; interpersonal relations.
Intermediate skill in: managing diversity, delegation, facilitation and change management
Basic skill in: computer usage.
Personal Characteristics:Approachability, Compassion, Composure, Decisiveness, Sound ethics and values
Areas of Accountability:Service Level Performance, Regulatory Compliance,Skills Matrix Progression and Reporting,Safety Performance, Performance Improvement
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school supplement by six (6) months of college coursework and ten (10) years of progressively responsible water distribution operations experience including two (2) years supervision leading large work teams; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid Florida driver's license and Distribution Licenses- Levels I, II, and III.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of December 4, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
12/4/2013 will not be processed.