(016) $12.29 - $17.45 an hour     $25,563.20 - $36,296.00 a year|
JOB CODE: 006251
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will performs responsible work driving lightweight trucks and/or operating simple construction/maintenance equipment.
- Performing manual and unskilled laboring tasks using hand and power tools, either separately from or in conjunction with the equipment being operated.
- Operating safely a variety of lightweight trucks including pickups and dump trucks.
- Operating heavier trucks and more complex equipment on a relief basis or in a training capacity when required.
- Providing grounds maintenance to rights-of-way and medians on major and residential traffic corridors.
- Irregular work hours might be required.
- Performing tasks at times under hazardous conditions.
- Receiving instructions orally and in writing and exercising some initiative and independent judgement in performing assigned tasks.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of traffic laws, occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions associated with the operation of automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of operational and minor maintenance characteristics of lightweight trucks and simple motorized construction/maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of the use and care of hand and power tools and equipment related to the assigned areas.
- Knowledge of the city and its geography.
- Ability to acquire skill and develop proficiency in the operation of heavier trucks and more complex construction/maintenance equipment.
- Ability to perform work requiring physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Skill and ability to demonstrate proficiency in the operation of lightweight trucks and/or simple, motorized construction/maintenance equipment.
- Skill in the use and care of hand and power tools related to assigned areas.
QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of elementary school and some experience in operating lightweight trucks and/or simple, motorized construction/maintenance equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License, Class "B" with Air Brakes/Tanker. Submit copy of license with application.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of December 17, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
12/17/2013 will not be processed.