(024) $16.78 - $23.91 an hour     $34,902.40 - $49,732.80 a year|
DPW-PARKING DEPARTMENT VACANCY:
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible customer service tasks related to requests for and questions about parking services and charges and other related matters, and to serve in a lead capacity, if required.
- Processes parking citations to include: issuing summons, organizing and setting court dates, managing the hearing docket, updating the magistrate rulings and scheduling the magistrate for citation hearings.
- Conducts research for disputed citations.
- Processes the appropriate/approved voice requests and provides input to supervisors/management for resolution of disputed citations.
- Participates in assignments requiring considerable contact with the general public.
- Responds to a large volume of complex customer service inquiries received by phone, in person, or via-email.
- Makes sure that any problems experienced by the customer are resolved in a professional and courteous manner.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves customer issues utilizing available resources.
- Ensures the receipt of accurate information by the customer.
- Serves in a lead capacity monitoring, coaches, trains and/or develops lower-level staff, if required.
- Uses initiative and independent judgment as well as tact and courtesy while working within established guidelines.
- Reviews data from the computer system for control purposes.
- Maintains necessary records and prepares reports as required.
- Performs other related work as required.
TAMPA CONVENTION CENTER VACANCY:
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will serve as the Customer Services Representative for the Event Services Department at Tampa Convention Center.
- Answers all inbound calls to the main telephone numbers for Tampa Convention Center.
- Answers all inbound calls to the Event Services Department.
- Provides administrative support to the Event Services Department.
- Provides customers information concerning established policies and procedures.
- Responds to queries and complaints from customers and event attendees.
- Performs information searches and compiles data on assigned projects;
- Utilizes computer to prepare correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
- Composes email and traditional mail correspondence on behalf of the department supervisor.
- Screens and routes telephone calls and visitors.
- Answers questions on the phone or in person to requests for information from the public, city, or other agencies; opens and distributes mail.
- Maintains calendar of appointments; schedules meetings and conferences to include preparing travel documents when needed.
- Establishes and maintains files, control logs, and other office records.
- Orders and distributes supplies; maintains physical inventory of supplies, forms, and equipment; processes purchase requisitions.
- Operates, cleans, and performs minor adjustments and limited maintenance on a variety of office machines and related equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance, repair, and servicing of equipment and/or facilities.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of: rules, regulations, procedures, and functions of the assigned area; laws, principles, and methods relating to parking enforcement and parking violations; events services in the convention industry.
Working knowledge of: Working knowledge of rules, regulations, administrative procedures, policies, and functions of the assigned department.
Ability to: make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy; meet the general public, deal with customer service issues with sensitivity and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; analyze information and make appropriate recommendations; prepare clear and concise reports and maintain records using a variety of source materials; understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited high school and three (3) years of experience in the field of customer service, problem resolution, or field inspections, with one (1) year of experience relating to the assigned area; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
For DPW-Parking Department vacancy: Knowledge of City Ordinances and Florida State Statues relating to parking enforcement, and general court procedures.
For Tampa Convention Center vacancy: Candidates with experience in a convention center or convention hotel events services department or experience in the special event industry or closely related environment will be given preference.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of March 19, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
3/19/2014 will not be processed.