(027) $18.91 - $26.91 an hour     $39,332.80 - $55,972.80 a year|
Applicants must be currently employed within the Purchasing department.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate is responsible for performing lead worker activities necessary to the operation of a “stores area” or warehouse.
- Planning, organizing, and directing the activities of lower level employees in the receiving, storing and issuing of supplies, parts, and other materials.
- Participating in some personnel functions to include recommending hiring or promotions, providing input into performance evaluations, and recommending discipline when necessary.
- Overseeing the ordering, receiving, storing, maintaining, and issuing of equipment, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Making recommendations to procurement staff on acquisition of supplies.
- Coordinating with user department representatives on upcoming jobs to plan and schedule the ordering of necessary supplies and materials.
- Forecasting of usage to determine what to store and quantities.
- Reviewing parts and supplies manuals and catalogs and comparing items meeting required specifications to obtain lowest prices when ordering.
- Maintaining records and files of parts, supplies, and prices.
- Maintaining current information on account balance and inventory status.
- Writing and submitting various weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Conducting annual inventory of materials, parts, and supplies.
- Performing related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of equipment used and materials stored in the assigned area.
- Knowledge of methods, practices and procedures employed in warehousing activities.
- Knowledge of record keeping as employed in warehousing operations.
- Knowledge of purchasing and requisitioning practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective supervisory/lead worker techniques.
- Ability to assign, schedule, and review the work of others.
- Ability to forecast purchasing needs based on upcoming projected work activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain clerical and financial records keeping systems.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations.
- Ability to conduct inventories; review price lists, materials specifications and draw sound conclusions.
- Ability to make and effectively present recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school or vocational school and seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in storekeeping and warehousing, some of which involved complex technical parts or specialized record keeping systems and supervisory or lead experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driver's license. Submit copy of license with application.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of March 24, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
To make it easier to edit or update your application we suggest you register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. It is important that the application you submit is complete and the information you provide on the application clearly demonstrates you possess the minimum job qualifications. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
3/24/2014 will not be processed.