(N28) $40,747.20 - $61,048.00 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing mortgage assistance eligibility and processing, duties associated with City of Tampa acquisition and relocation program, and counseling tasks as related to housing and foreclosure prevention.
- Answers questions and refers housing complaints to appropriate agency; provides counseling on budget and debt management to individuals who are in default or have delinquent mortgage payments; institutes collection procedures on delinquent accounts; assists individuals experiencing difficulty locating, securing, and retaining housing; gathers information from clients including income, debts, family size, net worth, and place of business; conducts credit checks and confirms information gathered; calculates and advises applicants of eligibility for housing loans and grants; makes recommendations as to affordable housing alternative available; assists with credit, real estate, and mortgage terminology, real estate contracts, mortgage servicing insurance, relocation procedures, real estate law, home maintenance, selection of contractors for home rehabilitation work, and other home ownership matters.
- Prepares and submits applications for governmental housing assistance; orders and analyzes appraisals,surveys and title reports; ascertains clear title through consultation with attorneys, contacting previous owners, acquiring quit-claim deeds, and negotiating discounts on liens and judgments; prepares mortgages, satisfactions, promissory notes, and affidavits; conducts loan settlements, mortgage payoffs, and closeouts; receives, records, and disburses loan and grant proceeds; maintains records of activities.
- Locates property for acquisition; determines ownership, obtains and analyzes appraisals and makes recommendations regarding acquisition; negotiates with property owners; recommends relocation benefits for individuals whose property is to be acquired; acts as lead worker over lower level employees in more difficult cases; monitors disbursement of property acquisition funds; coordinates with legal staff to ensure proper transaction procedures and documents.
- Estimates costs of projects, including materials and labor, to facilitate construction projects; examines
construction documents (plans, specs, etc.) in order to determine conformity with applicable codes and regulations; answers questions and offers suggestions relative to the inspection aspects of existing and proposed construction and renovation projects to facilitate conformance and compliance with codes;makes periodic visits to location to determine adherence to procedures and to solve problems.
- Prepares loan packages based on applicantís ability to repay, credit, and title evaluation, verification of mortgage and income for submittal to the program manager; acts as liaison between city and private sector on loan packaging.
- Prepares and delivers oral presentations concerning processes, procedures, and purposes of various housing assistance programs; acts as a team leader/supervisor on a project basis in order to facilitate project completion.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Considerable knowledge of: principles and practices of real estate; appraisal methods, procedures, and practices; federal and state guidelines relative to housing assistance programs, local lender underwriting criteria, and state bank statutes that affect leveraging programs.
Working knowledge of: processes and procedures employed in housing counseling; real estate laws;programs and agencies that render housing assistance; basic accounting procedures; Microsoft office.
Ability to: evaluate housing information and draw sound conclusions; counsel and communicate effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic backgrounds; prepare and deliver written and oral reports; keep accurate records; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees,officials, and the public; work with title companies in analyzing reports and offering solutions for changing title clouds, judgments, and liens.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in business administration, social sciences, or a related field and one (1) year of experience in real estate, housing counseling, or credit administration including experience in Federal housing programs, OR, an associateís degree in business administration, social sciences, or a related field and five (5) years of experience in real estate, housing counseling, or credit administration including experi+ence in federal and state housing programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of valid Florida Real Estate Sales license within six (6) months of employment.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 5, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/5/2014 will not be processed.