(MG ) $74,339.20 - $116,500.80 a year|
JOB CODE: 361800
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible managerial work in the Department of Public Works, Right-of-Way Operations Division.
- Plans, designs, and manages the efficient and safe operation, maintenance, repair, and construction of the city infrastructure in public rights-of-way; collaborates with other leadership to directly support the cityís transportation network, Storm-water drainage systems, special event traffic and pedestrian control support.
- Manages the Right-of -Way Operations programs, including street maintenance, street sweeping, traffic signal systems, regulatory and neighborhood signs, pavement markings, pavement management including the five-year resurfacing plan, Storm-water conveyances, ponds, pumping systems, and the annual in-house in-house Storm-water Capital Improvement Program.
- Supervises the Right-of- Way Operations Division Leadership Team; coaches and motivates other leadership team members, team leaders and specialists; reviews personnel actions; evaluates performance of the leadership team; promotes and monitors continuous improvement; coordinates and facilities facilitates staff and informational meetings.
- Oversees Right-of-Way Operations emergency management activities and adverse weather response, including street debris clearance, repair and restoration of right-of-way infrastructure and flood relief.
- Performs strategic planning; develops and analyzes strategies to enhance operating procedures and makes recommendations for improvements, identifies areas of improvements and provides solutions, as necessary.
- Effectively communicates and informs citizens, internal departments, other agencies, and right-of-way stakeholders on infrastructure requirements of a planned and reactive nature; serves as intergovernmental and intradepartmental liaison;
- Coordinates preparation, provides input and manages division budget.
- Monitors compliance of service level agreements and interagency Right-of-Way maintenance agreements.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Comprehensive knowledge of:stormwater management; horizontal construction practices; maintenance management best practices; environmental regulatory requirements; Public Works systems, the organization; building and directing teams; performance management; budgeting; cost/benefit analysis
Skill in:communication; facilitation; problem solving; decision making;interpersonal relations, coaching; delegation; managing diversity; conflict resolution,information systems; computers.
Ability to: plan, coordinate and manage the work of employees in a manner that promotes high performance; communicate at all levels of the organization and to the public in a variety of settings, establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the organization and the general public; set clear objectives and measures and monitor process, progress and results; respond proactively and initiate and implement best practices.
SUGGESTED MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in engineering, business, public administration, or environmental science required. Masterís Degree preferred. Five (5) years of progressive experience in a technical Public Works system (water, wastewater, stormwater, pavement management). Three (3) years of supervisor or management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:Possession of a valid Florida driver's license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until further notice.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3-27-14; 5-2-14 (361800)