(S23) $74,963.20 - $112,444.80 a year|
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
The Lead Systems Analyst is responsible for planning, scheduling, assigning, supervising and reviewing work of subordinate employees in support of the City of Tampa Police (Law Enforcement) systems. The Lead Systems Analyst will manage multiple projects and must exhibit initiative and independent judgment in completing assigned tasks resolving critical issues and meeting time constraints. Tasks include interpreting and documenting functional/system specifications, configuring and supporting business applications, software testing, implementation and support of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software packages, software development/support of multiple hardware/software platforms and coordination with the business units, vendors, and other technical resources to create and implement solutions. Tasks are reviewed while in progress and upon completion through status reports, conferences, documentation, and trial of operations. Employee will work with all levels of public safety command to define needs and solutions.
- Gain an understanding of all City Police Department systems/applications, including functionality, environmental infrastructure and operational procedures/processes.
- Supervise project planning and scheduling; assign staff to project teams and supervise work performance.
- Participate in contract administration, project administration and third party negotiations.
- Participate in the development of RFP and RFI documentation and the vendor evaluation and selection process,
- Participate with evaluation, acquisition, coordination and implementation of third party software products/solutions.
- Conduct cost/benefit analyses and technical research and prepare and present reports on findings; consult with users, functional and technical project team members, and management personnel on technical issues/questions.
- Prepare technical system designs from functional specifications.
- Analyze and resolve production system problems.
- Analyze and document the impact of system upgrades on base system functions and customizations.
- Coordinate system conversion efforts and perform necessary tasks; prepare test data and verify system test results; analyze and resolve system problems; consult with users and technical and functional project team members on questions or problems.
- Coordinate, assign, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate employees; complete performance evaluations.
- Perform analysis to assess system capacity and optimum system performance; perform assorted system management tasks using a variety of automated.
- Assist with development of technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Experience with/Working Knowledge of: Project management, technology, systems analysis, programming techniques, development tools and techniques; procedures necessary to design, implement and test major computer systems/applications..
Ability to: plan, assign, coordinate, supervise, and review the work of others; prepare program specifications; conduct cost/benefit analyses; analyze manual and automated systems; acquire knowledge of additional systems software as it becomes available; coordinate design and implementation of major computer systems, program conversions; establish efficient standards and procedures for applications of automated systems; schedule and complete work assignments within deadline dates; gather and analyze information for problem solving; develop and coordinate system tests and conversions; research, prepare and present findings in a clear and concise manner; prepare procedures manuals and functional specifications; express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in computer programming, systems analysis, and/or computer systems design and implementation preferably including six (6) months project leader experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred experience:Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Law Enforcement applications.Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related position.Minimum of 5 years’ experience with project management
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of June 1, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/25/14; 4-30-14(085500)Public Safety Applications/Systems
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
6/1/2014 will not be processed.