(P01) $22.75 - $36.95 an hour     $47,320.00 - $76,856.00 a year|
BENEFITS: 40-hour work week; annual and sick leave; Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans. State of Florida Incentive Plan, maximum available $1,560 per year.
Age: Minimum Age: 21 years.
Citizenship: Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
License: Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Certification: Must possess a State of Florida Certification as a Law Enforcement Officer – or – be currently enrolled in a Law Enforcement Basic Recruit Training Program approved by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission with an anticipated graduation date within 30 days of application submission. (Proof of active participation in the Certification Training Program is required to process the employment application. Proof of successful completion of the Basic Recruit Training and State Certification exam results are required to be eligible for employment.
For out-of-state Police Officers and Military Police candidates, Equivalency for Certification is required. Contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at 850/410-8600 or visit the website at: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/CJST/Officer-Requirements/Equivalency.aspx
for information on the Equivalency of Training process.
- Possession of an Associate’s Degree or completion of 2 years of college coursework from an accredited college or university (60-semester or 90-quarter hours);- OR-
- High-school diploma and three (3) years of prior law enforcement or corrections experience at a department of medium-to-large size; - OR -
- High-school diploma and three (3) years of full-time, active military experience; - OR -
- High-school diploma and five (5) years of experience as a member of the Tampa Police Department Reserve Force; - OR -
- An equivalent combination of college education, related work experience, or TPD Reserve Force experience.
Tattoos: No tattoo or decal or any portion thereof shall be visible to the public on sworn personnel wearing the uniform.
- State of Florida Certificate of Compliance as a Law Enforcement Officer or proof of current enrollment in the Basic Recruit Training Program with an anticipated graduation date within 30 days of application submission.
- High-School Diploma or College Transcript
- Birth Certificate
- DD214 - Military Discharge (if applicable)
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
Note: Applicants will not be eligible for Police Officer until copies of all required documents have been submitted to the City of Tampa Employment Services Office.
- Evaluation of Training and Experience
- Physical Abilities Test (pass/fail)
- Background Investigation (to include polygraph)
APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT MUST PASS:
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination administered by City designated physicians
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening (Officers are subject to random drug testing after employment with the City of Tampa.)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until further notice.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
5-1-14; 8-12-14 (007451)