(N33) $51,001.60 - $76,460.80 a year|
JOB CODE: 056101
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plan; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating a comprehensive safety and training program in support of the City of Tampa Wastewater Department-Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant and Collection Divisions.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and implements a comprehensive Safety and Health program to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees and to ensure their awareness of, and compliance with, safety and accident prevention measures.
- Ensures compliance with mandatory safety training (city, state, federal); identifies any new safety training needs as necessary.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel to ensure training is scheduled at required intervals.
- Reviews new regulations and recommends proper compliance strategy for the division; serves as divisional liaison with all external safety agencies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of workplace safety and training programs through formal and informal surveys and assessments; communicates through reports and written correspondence.
- Ensures proper inspection and maintenance of divisional safety equipment.
- Provides oversight for the Incident Review Process, safety committee and division tailgate meetings.
- Recommends adequate funding for additional or replacement safety needs.
- Maintains administrative records for training; complies with all reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of applicable Wastewater Treatment and Collection industry safety regulations and best practices.
- Knowledge of divisional safety requirements, facilities, and equipment.
- Ability to organize; communicate and coordinate activities with outside agencies.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Ability to coordinate purchase of equipment through procurement personnel.
- Ability to work with a wide range of training providers.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Skill in the use of computers (Excel, Access, Word, Training Management System).
- Skill in written and oral communications.
Desirable: skill in public relations; knowledge of maintenance and servicing requirements for department vehicles and equipment; basic knowledge of city budgeting and purchasing processes; overall knowledge of department operations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in education, safety or a related field and one (1) year of experience in workplace safety training, accident prevention, accident investigation, and/or training coordination in the Wastewater Treatment and Collection industry; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 3, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumés can be submitted in support, but not in lieu, of an application. Resumés and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/3/2014 will not be processed.