(020) $14.39 - $20.41 an hour     $29,931.20 - $42,452.80 a year|
JOB CODE: 006035
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing and participating in work singularly or as part of a crew performing grounds maintenance and or litter truck operations or related municipal services for the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Oversees and participates in work of crews engaged in parks and other municipal operations; operations involving use of heavy-duty trucks, power tools, and equipment; operates light to medium automotive equipment as required.
- Directs work of crews involved in repairing cleaning and maintenance activities including mowing, planting, trimming, fertilizing, and landscaping; trains new employees; performs general park maintenance, including picking up litter and debris and emptying trash receptacles.
- Installs construction signs and barricades in order to re-route traffic.
- Maintains records; issues work orders for repairs; a ccounts for supplies and equipment; prepares time reports and other related documentation.
- Operates communication equipment such as radio, etc. in order to communicate with staff.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Working knowledge of: standard methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in grounds maintenance, and repair work; occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions; cleaning materials, methods and equipment, where required.
Some knowledge of: basic records keeping.
Ability to: assign, oversee, and review work of lower level personnel; perform work requiring physical strength and endurance; maintain records and prepare reports; give clear, detailed instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Skill in: use and care of hand tools, power tools, light to medium automotive equipment, and other related tools and materials.
QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of tenth grade and one (1) year of experience in construction and maintenance work related to assigned area, including six (6) months of experience in a lead capacity; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida driverís license; a valid Florida Commercial driverís license may be required.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 10, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/10/2014 will not be processed.