(N30) $44,595.20 - $66,788.80 a year|
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH TAMPA FIRE RESCUE.
JOB CODE: 785100
JOB PURPOSE : The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting with emergency operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Researches, identifies, reviews and analyzes potential grant funding for department emergency management projects from state and federal agencies, non-profit groups and other sources; prepares funding applications; assists in coordinating the activities of a grant program that supports sustaining initiatives for the Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS) Grant Program.
- Serves as a liaison between the Health Department and outside funding agencies and groups; participates in meetings and discussions in which decisions affecting Health Department projects are made.
- Assists in management of the MMRS program budget, including monitoring expenditures and preparing, negotiating and administering grants and contracts for program and fiscal compliance.
- Serves as Operations/Logistics Officer during Emergency Operations Center activation; supports management of Emergency Operations Center; participates in the development and coordination of public safety initiatives for emergency management related programs under the direction of the Emergency Coordinator.
- Assists in development, facilitation, promotion, and implementation of comprehensive emergency management training programs; participates in and develops training materials and exercises related to emergency/disaster training; also assists with developing outreach and marketing materials; coordinates with vendors and the media and maintains all financial records for the annual Hurricane Expo.
- Provides assistance with coordination of the dissemination of information and public relations activities for the purpose of gaining support of emergency planning, programs, and objectives; in the absence of Emergency Coordinator, may act as source of emergency management information for local government and community groups as well as the media.
- Maintains financial records and documentation; prepares reports and summaries based on budget analyses for management and state reporting.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: functions, policies and procedures, principles, practices and techniques of emergency management; public safety operations and services; emergency management principles and practices; grant acquisition and state and federal grant program management; budgetary and accounting practices and procedures.
Working knowledge of: Florida Division of Emergency Management operations and concepts, the National Response Plan and the National Incident Management System.
Ability to: participate in operation and management of City EOC activities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; facilitate and/or train classroom-size groups; develop long-term strategies and goals; interpret policies, procedures, codes, ordinances and regulations; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Skill in: developing and conducting formal presentations; configuring ETeam incident management system software; website maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in business or public administration, communications, emergency management, or a related field, one (1) year of fiscal analysis experience and six (6) months emergency management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:Possession of a valid Florida driverís license.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 2, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/2/2014 will not be processed.