City Of Tampa
Department of Human
APPLY AT: City of Tampa|
City Hall, 2nd Floor, corner of
Kennedy Blvd. and Florida Avenue
306 E. Jackson St., Tampa, FL 33602
HOURS: 8 AM 5 PM, Mon. thru Fri.
Job News Line
Equal Opportunity Employer-F/M/H/V
Prof Plans Reviewer I
(Professional Plans Reviewer I - IV)
(N32) $48,796.80 - $73,028.80 a year
(N33) $51,001.60 - $76,460.80 a year
(N34) $53,331.20 - $80,017.60 a year
(N35) $55,827.20 - $83,678.40 a year
PAY BASED ON SKILL LEVEL
JOB CODE: 267001
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform highly professional, technical work involving examination of residential and commercial building construction and site plans for compliance with statutes, codes and regulations.
- Examines construction documents (plans, specifications, etc.) for conformity with applicable building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, gas, and flood control codes, municipal ordinances, and related regulations as required.
- Performs required plan review of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and gas equipment and systems as well as site construction design plans (zoning, tree/landscaping, transportation and stormwater features,
- Approves or disapproves construction documents for code compliance and communicates results to appropriate design professionals (architect, engineer, etc.)
- Performs required plan reviews of all new construction, additions, and alterations to existing buildings in compliance with the Florida Building Code and City of Tampa Land Use Code prior to issuance of permits.
- Reviews all projects to determine transportation and other impact fees for residential and commercial development.
- Provides technical assistance to property owners/public agencies;
- Participates in training exercises with other staff relative to ensuring uniformity of administration of construction codes; assists in formulating interpretations of codes.
- Performs studies of construction and municipal code related matters and prepares periodic and/or special reports for management use; Interprets blueprints, electrical circuit drawings and shop diagrams; establishes and maintains files, control logs, and other office records.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: construction methods, practices, materials, mechanics, and philosophy; construction codes, inspectional processes, and techniques; legislation affecting building standards; construction related management and administrative policies, procedures, and methods.
Ability to: observe, comprehend, narrate, and instruct; interpret construction related codes and standards and uniformly enforce regulations with tact and impartiality; read, interpret, and understand construction documents; make independent decisions when required; conduct technical inspections when required; organize information and effectively present recommendations orally and in writing; follow oral and written instructions; prepare clear, concise, and accurate reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, members of the construction industry, and the general public.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college with a associates degree in architecture, engineering, building construction or related field and seven (7) years of experience in building construction, architectural or engineering practices;Florida Statute 468; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driverís license
For Level II, III, & IV: Additional (1) year of experience in application of municipal and state codes, laws, rules and regulations.
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES FOR ALL LEVELS: (Copies of certificates/licenses must be submitted with application.) Acceptable substitutions will be considered.
Possession of: Valid Fla Standard Building Plans Examiner License
*Applicants selected must possess a Valid Florida Standard Plans Examiner License in Plumbing, Mechanical or Electrical, or apply to the State for a provisional license immediately upon selection and obtain the standard license within twenty-four (24) months.
Level I: *1 Additional Valid Florida Standard Plans Examiner License in Plumbing, Mechanical or Electrical (FS 468) OR Fla Registered Architect/Engineer license.
Two (2) additional Valid Florida Standard Plans Examiner Licenses in Plumbing, Mechanical or Electrical (FS 468)OR Fla Registered Architect/Engineer license.
Three (3) additional Valid Florida Standard Plans Examiner Licenses in Plumbing, Mechanical or Electrical (FS 468) OR Fla Registered Architect/Engineer license.
Three (3) additional Valid Florida Standard Plans Examiner Licenses in Plumbing, Mechanical or Electrical (FS 468)OR
Fla Registered Architect/Engineer or Certified Floodplain Manager or ISA Arborist or Additional Inspector/Plans Examiner Certification.
SPECIAL JOB DEMANDS: Employee operates a light weight motor vehicle to travel among work locations and performs tasks requiring moderate physical exertion including climbing ladders, scaffolds, etc. Applicants selected for employment must place their Contractorís License on inactive status with the State immediately upon employment.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: POSITIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 03-27-09; 2-4-14;2-7-14 (267001 - 267004)
This office reserves the right not to consider those
applications that have incomplete information, or
that are received without necessary transcripts,
certificates, licenses, or other required documents.