City Of Tampa
Department of Human
APPLY AT: City of Tampa|
City Hall, 2nd Floor, corner of
Kennedy Blvd. and Florida Avenue
306 E. Jackson St., Tampa, FL 33602
HOURS: 8 AM 5 PM, Mon. thru Fri.
Job News Line
Equal Opportunity Employer-F/M/H/V
Senior Code Enforcement Officr
(030) $20.87 - $29.62 an hour     $43,409.60 - $61,609.60 a year
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITHIN NEIGHBORHOOD EMPOWERMENT
JOB CODE: 250220
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for participating in and providing guidance and direction to lower level inspectors in the investigation of complaints, preparation and processing of appropriate corrective actions to be taken to gain compliance in zoning, housing, and Municipal Code violations.
- Consults with the general public and explains code requirements and enforcement policies regarding land development, minimum housing regulations, lot cleaning and parking enforcement activities.
- Conducts more complicated technical inspections.
- Inspects properties to resolve conflicts and complaints regarding plan deviations, plan and code interpretations or to provide guidance and technical assistance.
- Maintains inspection records and suspense schedules for re-inspections.
- Completes reports on inspections conducted.
- Keeps abreast of new code developments and conducts training sessions to keep others informed of code changes.
- Provides input in evaluating the performance of subordinates as needed to correct deficiencies and improve performance.
- Develops goals and objectives to enhance career development and personal growth.
- Prepares a variety of periodic and specialized reports of code enforcement inspections and activities.
- Prepares accurate and detailed documentation of inspection findings and other written materials.
- Reviews daily activity reports prepared by code enforcement officers.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: geographical layout of the city.
Working knowledge of: operation of computers and software; all applicable state and local laws, codes ordinances, and other regulations relating to zoning, rights-of-way sanitation, and revenue compliance.
Ability to: train others; oversee the work of others; communicate effectively both orally and in writing and prepare reports; address and solve complex problems; interpret and enforce departmental policies; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school supplemented by two (2) years of college course work and/or three (3) years of public contact experience including one (1) year of experience in the enforcement of standards and codes; preference will be given to individuals with six (6) months in supervisory training/experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida driverís license.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Possession of:
Certification from Southern Building Code Congress International (SBCCI)/International Code Council (ICC).
Submit copy of license(s) with application.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of July 30, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
7/30/2013 will not be processed.
This office reserves the right not to consider those
applications that have incomplete information, or
that are received without necessary transcripts,
certificates, licenses, or other required documents.