City Of Tampa
Department of Human
APPLY AT: City of Tampa|
City Hall, 2nd Floor, corner of
Kennedy Blvd. and Florida Avenue
306 E. Jackson St., Tampa, FL 33602
HOURS: 8 AM 5 PM, Mon. thru Fri.
Job News Line
Equal Opportunity Employer-F/M/H/V
(027) $18.54 - $26.38 an hour     $38,563.20 - $54,870.40 a year
JOB CODE: 385000
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will perform responsible and technical work monitoring specialized Grantees, Sub-recipients and Housing Partners to ensure compliance with contract requirements fund source requirements regarding the Parks & Recreation department programs.
- Monitors work of contractors in parkways, medians, vacant lots, interstates, thoroughfares, and Parks to ensure that provisions of contracts are adhered to.
- Acts as liaison between contractor(s) and the departmentís administrative office and represents the division as required.
- Receives complaints relative to contract area(s) and/or contractor performance and takes appropriate action.
- Makes regular field reviews of work in progress and determines if contractís guidelines have been completed in accordance with contract(s) and department policies.
- Composes or assists in the composition of a variety of contract and/or grant documents, utilizing correct legal terminology and format.
- Prepares and maintains necessary documentation.
- Reviews progress reports and prepares written reports.
- Reports satisfactory and unsatisfactory work to supervisor.
- Submits work orders and meets with contractors to discuss problems and requests.
- Responds to service requests and complaints.
- Participates in preparing legal documents in correct terminology.
- Attends pre-bid meetings to discuss technical specifications in contract.
- Administers the terms of maintenance contracts.
- Coordinates work not specifically referenced in contracts.
- Works with and in support of the division supervisors assigned to contract areas.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: standard office practices, procedures, and equipment; effective customer service practices and techniques; office records keeping practices and methods; business English, grammar and composition; methods, materials, techniques and equipment used in a variety of refuse removal activities or in the cleaning and care of parkways and medians as appropriate for the job, including knowledge of the city, its geography and street networks (solid waste; clean city).
Knowledge of: computers and various software programs including word processing and spreadsheets.
Working knowledge of: occupational hazards and safety precautions were appropriate.
Ability to: read, comprehend, interpret, and apply contract and grant requirements; conduct research and analytical activities; work independently and as a member of a team; manage and prioritize work effectively to meet reporting deadlines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with city employees, the general public, and with representatives of contractors and/or grantors; prepare oral and written reports; understand, interpret and effectively carry out written and oral instructions; maintain records and prepare concise oral and written reports; read and interpret landscape and irrigation plans where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college with an associateís degree in business, accounting or a related field and two (2) years experience in contract or grants writing and/or monitoring as appropriate to the job; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:Possession of a valid Florida driverís license; some positions may require a valid Florida Commercial driverís license.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing. A background investigation is conducted on candidates selected for appointment.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of October 9, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
10/9/2013 will not be processed.
This office reserves the right not to consider those
applications that have incomplete information, or
that are received without necessary transcripts,
certificates, licenses, or other required documents.