City Of Tampa
Department of Human
APPLY AT: City of Tampa|
City Hall, 2nd Floor, corner of
Kennedy Blvd. and Florida Avenue
306 E. Jackson St., Tampa, FL 33602
HOURS: 8 AM 5 PM, Mon. thru Fri.
Job News Line
Equal Opportunity Employer-F/M/H/V
Customer Service Clerk II
(016) $12.05 - $17.11 an hour
JOB CODE: 001200
Part-time 20 Hours a week
BENEFITS: Option to join the City’s health and dental programs at full-cost; paid holidays, pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans, plus those benefits required by law such as social security and worker’s compensation.
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing customer service work .
- Performing clerical tasks involving cashiering and/or receiving and responding to customer requests for services or information.
- Receiving and processing payments for a variety of municipal services such as utilities, occupational licenses, parking, and building and other permits.
- Balancing cash/check receipts recorded by cash register.
- Receiving requests for assistance and/or information from the public in person or by telephone regarding municipal services; answering questions concerning such matters as water, sewer, code enforcement, and garbage rates/accounts.
- Requesting impounding of vehicles with excessive delinquent parking tickets to comply with regulations and achieving collection of fines;
- Receiving, recording, and investigating parking code violation complaints.
- Typing or using computer to prepare correspondence, reports and other materials.
- Working nights, weekends and holidays may be required.
- Performing additional duties relating to the successful execution of this position.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge ofthe practice and procedures of cashiering.
- Ability to receive cash, record payments, and calculate and give change with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to learn rules, regulations, procedures, and functions of the area to which assigned; the methods and techniques of preparing routine reports of cash receipts.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited high school and one (1) year general office or clerical experience,including six (6) months customer service, public contact, or cashiering experience; some positions require typing skills; or an equivalent combination of training and experience..
LICENSES/CERTIFICATES: Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
EXAMINATION: Written Test (Time Limit: 1 hour) Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
Applications must be submitted and approved prior to testing. Applicants must telephone the Employment Services Office to schedule an appointment for the written test. (Photo Identification is required at time of testing.)
A background investigation and polygraph examination will be conducted on the candidate selected for employment.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of October 17, 2013. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10-3-13; 10-9-13 (001200)
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
10/17/2013 will not be processed.
This office reserves the right not to consider those
applications that have incomplete information, or
that are received without necessary transcripts,
certificates, licenses, or other required documents.