City Of Tampa
Department of Human
APPLY AT: City of Tampa|
City Hall, 2nd Floor, corner of
Kennedy Blvd. and Florida Avenue
306 E. Jackson St., Tampa, FL 33602
HOURS: 8 AM 5 PM, Mon. thru Fri.
Job News Line
Equal Opportunity Employer-F/M/H/V
Aquatics Leader II
(018) $13.29 - $18.91 an hour     $27,643.20 - $39,332.80 a year
JOB CODE: 110200
JOB PURPOSE: The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing activities and enforcing safety rules at a municipal swimming facility.
- Participates in organizing and coordinating programs and activities at an aquatics facility; performs key leader duties at a seasonal pool during the spring and summer season.
- Oversees maintenance of swimming area, equipment and supplies when required;
maintains proper chemical balance and water level.
- Schedules, assigns, trains, oversees, and provides leadership to lower level employees in supervisor's absence; evaluates and identifies training needs to ensure that all safety rules are enforced; develops training classes, curriculum and lesson plans.
- Enforces safety rules and ensures that other employees enforce rules to maintain safety of participants; monitors maintenance of all lifesaving equipment and first aid supplies; administers and oversees first aid and lifesaving techniques; responds immediately and takes responsibility in case of emergency.
- Conducts periodic checks of all areas patrolled by lower level employees in order to ascertain that rules and regulations are being enforced.
- Teaches swimming lessons to both adults and children; teaches CPR, first aid, lifeguarding, and basic water safety; organizes, promotes, and conducts a wide variety of
- Participates in maintenance of records and preparation of reports; prepares attendance
sheets, daily reports and special activities summaries; compiles accident reports;
maintains payroll, inventory and supply ordering information.
- Performs related work as required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of: lifesaving principles and practices; water safety techniques and use of rescue equipment; first aid procedures.
Some knowledge of: water filtration equipment and operating procedures; basic records keeping.
Ability to: monitor the work of other employees; instruct others in swimming and lifesaving methods; enforce rules and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially; react quickly, calmly and rationally in emergencies; maintain records and compile reports; communicate and interact effectively with the general public; perform duties requiring physical strength and endurance.
Skill in: the operation and maintenance of lifesaving equipment; swimming and lifesaving procedures.
QUALIFICATIONSGraduation from an accredited high school and completion of one (1) year of college with reasonable experience in aquatics or recreation operations, including maintenance and training tasks; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Possession of:
Current nationally certified First Aid, CPR
Current Lifeguarding Certificates
Valid Florida driver's license.
EXAMINATION: Evaluation of training and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: To be considered for this position, applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date of May 14, 2014. Applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be processed.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be received or postmarked by the
closing date. Applications received or postmarked after
5/14/2014 will not be processed.
This office reserves the right not to consider those
applications that have incomplete information, or
that are received without necessary transcripts,
certificates, licenses, or other required documents.