Tampa, FL February 7, 2014 - Traffic is expected to be heavier than normal on Saturday, February 8 in and around Ybor City due to the Krewe of Sant' Yago Knight Parade. Drivers and pedestrians alike are advised to allow for extra travel time and to travel through the area with caution.
The parade begins at 7 p.m. Street closures around Ybor City begin at 2 p.m. The following roads will be affected:
Nuccio Parkway (from Nebraska Ave to Palm Ave)
Seventh Ave (from Nebraska Ave to Nuccio Parkway)
Seventh Ave (from Nuccio Parkway St to 21st St)
Seventh Ave (from 22nd St to 34th St)
Seventh Ave (from 21st St to 22nd St)
City of Tampa Parking Information for Saturday, February 8
21st St (from Palm Ave to Adamo Dr)
22nd St (from Adamo Dr to 8th Ave)
- Centro Ybor Garage (1500 E 5th Ave) Beginning at 2 p.m. the rate will be a flat rate of $10.00 paid on entry.
- Palm Ave Garage (2010 N 13th St) Beginning at 2 p.m. the rate will be a flat rate of $10.00 paid on entry.
- Lots 3, 5, and 6 (19th St between 8th Ave and 6th Ave), will be an hourly rate of $0.75 per hour.
Drivers heading to the Sant'Yago Knight Parade may also opt to park in Downtown Tampa or the Channel District and take the TECO Line Streetcar System to Ybor City. Streetcar service north of 7th Avenue will cease beginning at 6:30 p.m., until after parade ends.
The Tampa Police Department would like to remind all parade goers to report suspicious activity. If you see something, say something. No tip is too small. Report anything suspicious to the nearest police officer or submit an anonymous tip using the TPD mobile app available on iPhones and Droids.
Traffic and parking on the south end of downtown will also be impacted by fans arriving at the Tampa Bay Times Forum between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. for Tampa Bay Lighting hockey game.
For access to the Tampa Bay Times Forum, consider using the following garages and lots:
- South Regional Garage will be restricted to Forum Reserve Passes only. Limited general and disabled will accepted based on availability.
- The Selmon Express Way Lots - $12 flat rate
- Tampa Convention Center Garage - $10 flat rate beginning at 5:30 p.m. Spaces will be limited at this facility due to other events in the facility.
- Whiting Street Garage - $10 flat rate beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- All numbered spaces on Kennedy Blvd. and south of Kennedy Blvd. are enforced up until midnight at the standard hourly rate.
The above notice is archived content and may contain information that is no longer valid. This includes URL's that were valid when originally published, but may now link to sites or pages that no longer exist.