February 27, 2014 - Traffic is expected to be heavier than normal this weekend in and around downtown Tampa due to multiple events taking place. Drivers and pedestrians alike are advised to allow for extra travel time and to travel through the area with caution.
The Gasparilla Festival of Arts returns to Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park on Saturday, March 1 and Sunday, March 2. It is expected to draw more than 100,000 visitors over the two days. Disney Live playing at the Tampa Bay Times Forum has three shows on Saturday at 1 p.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. There are two Disney Live shows on Sunday, occurring at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Each show is expected to draw 3,500 attendees. The Florida Brewers Guild Beerfest Tampa 2014 is also in Cotanchobee Park on Saturday, and is expected to draw 3,000 attendees.
Suggested City of Tampa Parking Lot & Garage Information
- Poe Garage (802 N Ashley) - opens at 9 a.m., $4 flat rate
- Royal Regional Lot (1240 N Tampa St) - opens at 9 a.m., $4 flat rate
- South Regional Garage (301 Channelside Dr.) opens at 11 a.m., $10 flat rate
- Selmon Expressway Lots - $5 flat fee
- All meters north of Kennedy Blvd. will be free and on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All meters on Kennedy Blvd. and south of Kennedy Blvd will be enforced from 8 a.m. until midnight
Those driving to the area will experience increased traffic and parking facilities are expected to reach capacity. Please plan ahead, consider transit options, come early and stay late.
The above notice is archived content and may contain information that is no longer valid. This includes URL's that were valid when originally published, but may now link to sites or pages that no longer exist.