|Neighborhood Cleanup S.W.E.E.P. Schedule for 2013
January 8, 2013 - The Solid Waste Enhanced Environment Program (S.W.E.E.P.) continues to provide services designed to improve the quality of life throughout Tampa's neighborhoods. In addition to regular trash, recycling, and yard waste services the Solid Waste Department's S.W.E.E.P. program provides residents with thirty-six, weeklong, neighborhood clean-ups each year.
Set Out Times:
- The earliest that items may be placed curbside is 5-days prior to the first day of a SWEEP clean-up.
- The latest that items may be placed curbside is the Wednesday on the week of a SWEEP clean-up.
- All SWEEP items must be setout NO LATER than 7:30 a.m.
Items NOT accepted:
- Household appliances
- Tires without rims (up to 4)
- Yard waste (cut down to 4 feet lengths)
- Barbecue grills
- Railroad ties (cut down to 4 feet lengths)
*These materials may be taken to one of the City's Household Chemical & Electronics Collections for safe and environmentally safe disposal.
- Building materials (sheds, fences, tile, pipe, wood/plywood, brick, concrete blocks, roofing material, doors, windows, drywall)
- Hazardous Materials & Electronics*
- Pressurized gas cylinders
- Liquid waste (paints, solvents, oil or fuels*)
- Metal drums
- Tires with rims
PLEASE NOTE: The City reserves the right to refuse items as necessary. Piles of debris deemed to be excessively large may incur additional disposal costs.