Tampa Riverwalk Portal
The Tampa Riverwalk Portal is a key educational and cultural component for the Tampa Riverwalk. A Portal consists of pedestrian friendly, digital monitors that are programmed with new media art and digital educational exhibitions. Content on the environment, well-being, history and culture is presented through the lens of the arts.
A prototype for the Portal premiered in Lights On Tampa 2009, with the first permanent structure unveiled in Curtis Hixon Park for Lights On Tampa 2011.
A companion to the Tampa Riverwalk Portal is its website; an internet access point--or portal--to educational content specific to the Riverwalk, City of Tampa, Tampa Bay, and beyond. It is here that more in-depth information, including links, lesson plans, general facts of interest, and activities will be found. Content for both the Tampa Riverwalk Portal, and the Tampa Portal website will be coordinated and updated regularly. www.tampaportal.org
Download an information sheet on the Tampa Riverwalk Portal.
... On the Portal
- Shedding Light by Juliet Davis & Stephanie Tripp - watch video - download education sheet
- Hillsborough River - photography by Karen Glaser - download education sheet
- Lux Flux by Eva Lee - watch video- download education sheet
- Watershed by Molly Schwartz - watch video - download education sheet
- Tampa Bay: Living Waters - Photography by Carlton Ward, Jr. - education sheet
- Slurb by Marina Zurkow - watch video - download education sheet