About Us - Cable Communication/CTTV
The Office of Cable Communication has a two-fold purpose:
(1) to monitor and enforce the cable television franchise agreements to ensure that the residents of Tampa are provided reliable cable television service that meets industry standards and to oversee the city contracts with the non-profit boards that manage the public and educational access channels.
(2) to provide Tampa residents with quality programming, on the City of Tampa Television channel, covering a broad range of government information. City of Tampa Television produces and cablecasts a vast array of diverse programming including monthly series, live public meetings, news conferences and groundbreakings of city projects, election coverage and candidate forums, public service announcements and special event programs.
- A city bulletin board allows residents to get the latest information about city-sponsored activities and events.
- Tampa City Council meetings and "The Mayor's Hour" are both closed captioned to assist the hearing impaired.
- DVD copies of CTTV programs are available to residents and city staff for a fee.