Our collection represents the collective memory of the City of Tampa. Major holdings include:
- General Holdings of the City of Tampa Archives
- Records from the Mayor's office (Mayor's Papers)
- City Council Member files
- City Clerk's Records
- The Mayors of Tampa 1856 - 2013
There are also administrative records and reports from various City departments, archeological artifacts, City Celebration and Activities records, and Sister City memorabilia.
The Archives holds the most complete collection of City Directories in Tampa. These directories list the name, residence and occupation of Tampa residents and contain information concerning local government, civic clubs, businesses and other organizations in Tampa.
Special collections of interest include personal papers and newspaper clipping files of Mayor Lloyd Copeland, Council Member Lee Duncan, and Mayor Dick A. Greco, Jr.
The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce collection, donated by the Chamber and the Tampa Historical Society, provides a significant pictorial record of people, places, and events in Tampa from approximately 1950 to 1990. \
- NAGARA National Association of Government Archives and Records Administration
- Florida State Photographic Archives
- University of Miami, Archives and Special Collections Department
- University of Florida, Special Collections
- University of West Florida, Special Collections
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida, Collections and Archives