Lisa J. Montelione, District 7
Councilwoman Lisa J. Montelione represents District 7, which encompasses New and North Tampa. The area includes some of Tampa's most prominent assets including Busch Gardens and Adventure Island Theme Parks, Babe Zaharias Golf Course, the University of South Florida, the Museum of Science and Industry, M2-Gen and Moffitt Cancer Center.
Committees, Boards and Commissions
- Council Building, Zoning and Preservation Committee, Chair
- Council Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee, Vice Chair
- Council Finance Committee, Alternate
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Hillsborough River Interlocal Planning Board, Vice Chair
- Hillsborough County MPO (Mayoral Appointment), Vice Chair
- MPO Livable Roadways Committee, Chair
- Economic Competitiveness Committee (Mayoral Appointment)
- Rising Force Construction, Inc., Business Manager.
- Transcend Development Corporation Land, Development Administrator.
- Hillsborough County Government Planning Growth Management Division, Community Planner; Purchasing Department, Analyst; Economic Development Department, Intern.
- NCNB (Nations) Bank Facilities Development Division, Florida State Ad Valorem Tax and Lease Administrator; Real Estate Lending Division, Real Estate Lending Documentation Specialist.
- Tampa Bay Builder's Association, Codes Committee/Green Building Committee
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities Conference, Facilitator
- 1st Annual Going Green Tampa Bay, Media and Operations Team
- City of Tampa Green Ordinance Committee
- Terrace Park Civic and Neighborhood Crime Watch Association, President, 2009-2011.
- Board of Directors, Re-Entry Cooperative of America, Inc, Board of Director, 2010-2011.
- Riverhills Elementary & Greco Middle School, School Improvement Team Member, 1998-2001.
- Vice President, Lewis Elementary PTA, Vice President, 1996.
- Membership Chair: Riverhills Elementary PTA, Membership Chair, 1998.
- GFWC Temple Terrace Junior Woman's Club, Past President
- America's Next Great Cities Conference(s), Participant
Councilwoman Montelione has been a resident of Hillsborough County for 26 years and of District 7 for 12 years. She graduated from the University of South Florida in 2000, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences; concentrating in Public Administration, Urban Studies and Social Work. She is engaged to Joshua R. Geary. Her son Chris is the recipient of a four year athletic (golf) and academic scholarship and attends the University of Louisville. Never having held public office before, she was inaugurated for a four year term as a member of the Tampa City Council on April 1, 2011.