Ms. Chauncia Willis is the Emergency Coordinator for the City of Tampa, Office
of Emergency Management.
- Bachelor's Degree from Loyola University New Orleans in Psychology
- Master's Degree in Public Administration from the Georgia State
University, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), certified by the International
Association of Emergency Managers.
- Certified Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP), certified by the
Department of Homeland Security.
- Certified Continuity of Operations Planner, certified by the Department
of Homeland Security.
Ms. Willis specializes in all-hazard disaster planning and training, as well
as exercise design, conduct and evaluation. She has held diverse positions in
emergency management, in both the public and private sector, to include:
- Planning Chief for the Atlanta-Fulton County Emergency Management Agency
in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Statewide Planner for the Georgia Emergency Management Agency in
- Adjunct Professor for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, National
Emergency Training Center in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
- Program Manager for URS, EG&G Homeland Security Division, assigned to
the Georgia Division of Public Health, Emergency Exercise, and Preparedness
Program in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Business Continuity Consultant for Science Applications International
Corporation (SAIC) assigned to the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS) Program Manager for the City
Her extensive background in Emergency Management includes:
- Emergency operations plan development.
- Emergency Operations Center workflow design, operations management and
- Exercise design, execution and evaluation.
- Exercise program direct support to a variety of all-hazard exercise
programs in Georgia, Tennessee, Massachusetts, South Carolina and Florida.
The Office of Emergency Management, under Ms. Willis's direction, is
hallmarked by her vision, her energy, and her dedication to emergency