- Always swim with a buddy.
- Swim only in areas that have a lifeguard.
- Stay out of the water when you are very tired, very cold, or
- Follow all swimming rules posted at the swimming area.
- Obey the lifeguards instruction.
- If you cant see the bottom of the pool in the deep end or the
water is cloudy, dont swim there.
- Avoid swimming at night in unlighted areas.
- Dont chew gum or eat while swimming, you could choke.
- Do not push, shove, or run near the water, horseplay can be dangerous.
- Get out of the water if you see lightning or hear thunder.
- Swim a safe distance away from diving boards and slides. Never swim
- Never swim near a dam or boat ramp.
- Avoid swimming in river currents.
Rules for Pool Slides
Slides should be at the deep end of the pools so that the entry is
into water least eight feet and away from diving areas.
Go down feet first in a sitting position. (Going down headfirst is
dangerous-you could injure your head, neck, or back.)
Rules for the Beach
Rules for Water Park Slides, Flumes and Wave Pools
- Be sure all areas have a lifeguard.
- Position yourself carefully before you start down.
- Dont get pressured into a stunt.
- In a wave pool be sure you know how deep the water will be when the
wave pool is turned on.