The GIS Team is one of several
Teams that make-up the
Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI) Division. The EAI Division, is one of several divisions that make-up the
Technology & Innovation Department.
Place the technology on user's desktops, as well as remote field
locations, in a standalone, sustainable environment. Let the individual
users, who are the most familiar with their environment and needs, perform
analysis, create presentation output, and make operational decisions at
the time and in the manner that best suits their requirements. Make this
highly portable and versatile technology a part of user's normal, everyday
- Users know best what they need, when they need
it, and how it should look.
- Users know their own data and requirements
better than anyone else.
- Let the users use the GIS tools and data when
and how they need them.
- Give the users applications with familiar
Windows functions (point/click, drag/drop)
City GIS Section Functions
We view our primary functions as:
- Manage GIS technology
- Lead Enterprise GIS initiatives
- Maintain generic base layers (i.e.: street
- Providing technical