What is a Green Building?
- Consumes less energy
- Operates energy efficiently
- Conserves water
- Protects natural resources on site
- Minimizes waste
- Is comfortable, safe and healthy
- Is durable and maintainable with minimal environmental impact
Why Build Green?
Florida's per-household consumption of electricity is amongst the highest in the United States, largely
because the state's hot and humid weather drives up electricity demand for air-conditioning.
- Enhance and protect biodiversity and ecosystems
- Improve air and water quality
- Reduce waste streams
- Conserve and restore natural resources
- Reduce operating costs
- Create, expand and shape markets for green products and services
- Improve occupant productivity
- Optimize life-cycle economic performance
- Enhance occupant comfort and health
- Heighten aesthetic qualities
- Minimize strain on local infrastructure
- Improve overall quality of life
Fast-Track Review for Green Construction
Tampa Green Fast Track Review is available to anyone wishing to build an
environmentally sustainable or "green" project. Once approved,
your plans are moved to the "front of the line" for review at the
Construction Services Center.
There are two options for Tampa Green Fast Track Review:
Option A is available for any
project, but required for commercial projects over 5,000 square
feet. All commercial construction greater than 5,000 square feet
must be registered with a third party rating system.
Option B, Tampa's Green Fast Track
Checklist, is available for all residential projects and commercial
projects under 5,000 square feet.
Please review the
Tampa Green Fast Track Review form for directions on how to pursue
If you have any questions contact us via the
customer service center
or by phone at (813) 274-8403