QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please contact customer service
toll free at 1-866-225-8875
Intersection Safety Program FAQs
Why has the city of Tampa implemented a red-light safety camera
Red-light running is a serious problem. According to the Insurance
Institute for Highway Safety, nearly 2 million crashes annually occur in
intersections. In 2009, 676 people were killed and 113,000 were injured
in intersection crashes.
For three years in a row, more than 50 percent of Hillsborough County
red-light crashes occurred within the city of Tampa. In 2010 alone, the
number of intersection crashes caused by red-light violations in
Hillsborough County totaled 642, with 371 of those crashes coming from
the city of Tampa.
We believe that a red-light camera program will reduce the number of
red-light collisions and injuries associated with these crashes in
What is a red-light running violation?
A red-light running violation occurs when a motorist enters an
intersection after the traffic signal has turned red. However, motorists
already in the intersection when the signal changes to red, waiting to
turn for example, are not considered red-light violators. No citations
will be issued for vehicles entering the intersection on a green or
Where are intersection safety cameras located?
The intersections with camera installations are listed below. Each
intersection is marked clearly with signs.
1. Eastbound E. Fowler Avenue at N. Nebraska Avenue
2. Westbound E. Busch Boulevard at N. Nebraska Avenue
3. Northbound N. Nebraska Avenue at E. Fowler Avenue
4. Westbound E. Hillsborough Avenue at N. Nebraska Avenue
5. Northbound N. Nebraska Avenue at E. Hillsborough Avenue
6. Eastbound E. Hillsborough Avenue at N. 22nd Street
7. Westbound E. Hillsborough Ave at N 22nd Street
8. Eastbound W. Waters Avenue at N. Florida Avenue
9. Southbound N. Florida Avenue at E. Waters Avenue
10. Westbound W Waters Avenue at N Armenia Avenue
11. Eastbound W Waters Avenue at N Armenia Avenue
12. Northbound N. Armenia Avenue at W. Hillsborough Avenue
13. Southbound N. Himes Avenue at W. Hillsborough Avenue
14. Northbound N. Lois Avenue at W. Hillsborough Avenue
15. Eastbound E. Adamo Drive at S. 50th Street.
16. Northbound S. 50th Street at E. Adamo Drive
17. Southbound S. 50th Street at E. Adamo Drive
18. Eastbound W Kennedy Boulevard at N Ashley Drive
19. Southbound S. Dale Mabry Hwy at W. Gandy Boulevard
20. Eastbound W. Gandy Boulevard at S. Dale Mabry Hwy.
21. Southbound S. Manhattan Avenue at W. Gandy Boulevard
22. Westbound W. Gandy Boulevard at S. Westshore Boulevard
23. Eastbound W. Gandy Boulevard at S. Westshore Boulevard
24. Northbound S. Westshore Boulevard at W. Gandy Boulevard