PURPOSE: These guidelines map out the implementation of the City of Tampa's
"Public Art Ordinance, Chapter 4, City of Tampa Code.
MISSION: To promote the involvement of artists in projects throughout the
city that enhance the physical environment and celebrate Tampa 's unique
character and identity.
GOALS: Goals for the TPA Program include:
- Overseeing the City's Public Art collection
- Enhancing the physical environment of Tampa with artworks of the highest
level of quality and suitability for the site
- Serving as the coordinating body for all Public Art and memorial projects
on City property
- Building partnerships with the private sector, non-profit and community
groups that connect the TPA Program's projects to the life of the City
- Encouraging participation by artists based in the City and the Tampa Bay
- Serving as an active source of information about