2008 Year in Review
2008 Year in Review…
- We had 6 basic CERT training classes and we trained
approximately 165 new members.
- We conducted a first responder class and graduated
approximately 24 members.
- CPR/AED training was conducted.
We participated in or held several events this year ...
- January - we participated at Gasparillia
again, testing the satellite phones and some CERT members assisted with
medical calls during the parade.
- March - we participated at the Squiggy
Adventure Race - First Responders and other CERT members were
on hand to provide medical assistance.
- April - we participated at the annual Mass
Casualty Exercise at Tampa International Airport. CERT members
coordinated all of the student victims and set up the scene for the
- August - we had our mandatory meeting
- great turnout!! Worked on team and communications skills.
- September - we had a rally point exercise
- members met at their respective rally points and exercised the GTCERT
Communication Plan - very well attended.
- October - we had our annual ropes and
- November - we practiced the volunteer
reception center training - will be practicing this more often.
- We have had several presentations/trainings:
medical refresher, personal safety (TPD), scene safety, Department of
Health POD's training and a lecture on disaster preparedness and
emergency management in the City of Tampa.
Thankfully it was a quiet year for storms!!!!
See 2011 Year in Review
See 2010 Year in Review
See 2009 Year in