City of Tampa Parking Division
Monthly Parking Garage
Rules & Regulations
Mailing Address: 107 N. Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602
Location: Fort Brooke Garage- NW corner of Florida & Whiting
Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Office Phone: (813) 274-8179
RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE, THEFT, OR INJURY:
The City of Tampa is not responsible for damage to or theft of your vehicle or the contents of the vehicle. The City of Tampa will not be responsible for any personal injury occurring at City-operated parking facilities. All City of Tampa Parking Division Policies and Procedures are subject to change. Please consult the Parking Division website at www.tampagov.net/dept_parking or contact the Parking Division Administrative Offices at 107 North Franklin Street for a copy of the current Parking Division Policies.
ACCESS CARD USE:
Use of the parking garage access card shall be solely restricted to the applicant-approved, access-card customer. Any attempt to resell or transfer the use of the garage access card to a third party is strictly prohibited. Any such case of fraudulent activity may result in termination of access card privileges.
1. The access card is programmed for single entry and exit use. Any attempt to use the card out of sequence will place the card status in pass-back mode and render the card inactive. Any such card status will require the customer to report the card use failure to the Parking Division Office for re-activation.
2. When entering or exiting through the parking facility gates, please allow the vehicle in front of you to clear the gated system. Failure to do so will prohibit the gate from completing its proper gate-cycling function. If a customer chooses to enter or exit by tailgating a vehicle through the gated system, the customer’s access card may run the risk of being improperly read by the card-reader system. Any such activity will place the card status in pass-back mode and will require the customer to report the card-use failure to the Parking Division Office for re-activation.
SPECIAL EVENT REQUIREMENT AT WHITING & FORT BROOKE FACILITIES:
By rate resolution, the City reserves the right to charge a flat rate for special-event parking in these facilities. During event pre-collection periods, monthly patrons paying the restricted access rate will be required to pay the special-event, pre-collection rate, prior to entering the facility. Please be advised that the special-event, pre-collection rate will begin two hours prior to the start of the event. When the special-event, pre-collection period is in effect, the City will have a rate sign posted at the garage entrance with an attendant on-site.
ACCESS CARD DEPOSIT:
A $10.00 non-refundable card fee will be charged for each access card at all City of Tampa parking facilities. The nonrefundable card fee must be paid in advance, prior to the card being issued.
TEMPORARY DAILY PARKING:
If a current monthly-parking customer experiences a problem with his/her access card when entering a facility, he/she may temporarily park his/her vehicle at any City of Tampa visitor-parking facility. If the access card problems are due to operational or administrative oversight, the daily parking fees will be validated at no additional charge to the customer. It is important to notify the Parking Division Administrative Offices immediately when experiencing a problem with the parking equipment while entering or exiting the facility. FAILURE TO NOTIFY THE PARKING DIVISION MAY RESULT IN A FEE BEING CHARGED TO EXIT THE FACILITY. If monthly patrons are required to come to the Fort Brooke Administrative Office to resolve access card problems, parking will be provided free of charge on the daily side of the Fort Brooke garage. Parking fees will not be reimbursed for parkingg at a non-City of Tampa parking facility.
There will be a $10.00 charge to replace any lost or stolen cards. If lost, damaged, or stolen cards are replaced on the same day, the access-card customer will be eligible to have his/her hourly-parking fee validated at the Fort Brooke Garage. Please bring your dispensed hourly parking ticket to the Parking Division Administrative Office when you are requesting a new card. You must show a photo I.D. in order to replace lost, damaged, or stolen cards.
MONTHLY PATRONS WITHOUT ACCESS CARDS MUST PAY THE HOURLY VISITOR PARKING RATE:
If an access card customer temporarily misplaces his/her access card for any reason, he/she will be required to pay the hourly visitor rate for that facility. Under no circumstances will an access-card customer be granted access without the use of his/her access card.
PAYMENT DUE DATE:
Monthly parking payments are due on the 1st of the month, no later than 5:00 p.m. Monthly-parking payments that are not received by 5:00 p.m. on the 1st of the month will be subject to immediate cancellation of parking privileges and will require payment of a $5.00 late fee per each access card. The Parking Division is not responsible for payments that are mailed and not received by the 1st of the month.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
Payment of monthly parking fees must be made by use of the following options:
1. On-line via use of credit card by entering www.tampagov.net/dept_parking. Customers may utilize a recurring payment option with a credit/debit card, if desired.
2. In person at the Parking Division Administrative Office located at 107 North Franklin Street adjacent to the Poe Plaza on the ground level between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – Monday through Friday.
3. After hours by use of the Parking Division Administrative Office drop box located on the exterior office wall, to the right of the administrative office entrance doors (check payments only – no cash accepted).
The Parking Division policy states that monthly parking spaces will be leased on a 30-day basis, first-come, first-served. Payments must be received on a monthly basis or the access card will be deactivated and the space will be sold to the next available customer.
ACCESS CARDS VOIDED DUE TO LATE PAYMENT:
Access-card customers failing to make their monthly payment by the due date will run the risk of having their card turned off for non-payment. Any such activity places the card status in “void” mode and will require the access-card customer to visit the Parking Division Administrative Office for payment of monthly parking and card-reactivation fees. The access card customer will be required to pay the hourly parking fee for each day parked, until the monthly payment and late fee have been received.
MONTHLY PARKING REFUNDS:
Access-card customers will be eligible for a refund provided he/she has parked with the City of Tampa for a minimum period of 30 days. Please allow 30 business days for refunds to be processed and mailed.
The Parking Division requires written cancellation (provided in-person, US mail or email form) to properly update customer accounts and remove outstanding balances. If written cancellation is not received, the customer will be responsible for paying all outstanding balances remaining on his/her account to resume monthly parking. Customers may email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating he/she wishes to cancel noting date, permit # and account name.