College Internship Program
SPRING 2014 APPLICATIONS NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
Tampa Police Department offers non-paid internships opportunities to degree seeking students who are
interested in pursing a career in law enforcement and forensic investigations.
The program allows students the opportunity to be exposed to various facets of
the department operations while working side by side with sworn officers and
support staff. Upon successful completion of the internship, students will have
gained knowledge and experience that can lead them to a successful career in
The internship program has three sessions: spring (January–May), summer
(May-August), and fall (August–December).
Interested students must meet the
following qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered
for the program:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be an American citizen or foreign exchange student
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Must be of good moral character
- Will undergo criminal records check to include fingerprints
- No felony convictions
- Any arrest record must be sealed or expunged
- Illegal drug use will be considered on a case by case basis, with
emphasis on experimental use, frequency and time period of usage
- Must successfully pass a background investigation
- May be subject to polygraph examination at the discretion of the
How to apply:
1. Complete the
application in its entirety. Return the completed application to
Crystel Sampson via email at
or fax at 813-276-3402. She can be reached at 813-276-3409 for questions
and additional information.
To be considered for internship, applications must be submitted by the following deadlines:
||July 15 (Current Year)
||November 15 (Current Year)
||March 1 (Current Year)
2. Once your application is reviewed, a background questionnaire will
be sent to you via email.
- Submit a recommendation letter, official letterhead drafted by an academic
counselor, department head or professor from the college/university /secondary
learning institution stating you are enrolled as a degree-seeking student and
the number of hours requested for internship.
- Mail or drop off the completed background questionnaire
within 14 days of receipt to: Tampa Police Department, Personnel Division (Internship Program), 411 North Franklin Street, Tampa, FL 33602.
(When all documents have been received, you will then be contacted for scheduling of an interview)