Housing And Community Development
Mission - To maintain the City's existing housing stock while providing new homeownership opportunities for City of Tampa citizens.
The Housing and Community Development Division of the Department of Planning and Development administers a variety of housing programs that assist eligible low and moderate-income residents purchase, rent or rehabilitate existing housing units located within the City of Tampa limits. The housing programs currently managed by this division include programs using both Federal and State funds.
- State Housing Initiatives Program (SHIP)
- Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (HOPWA)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
For more information on specific programs or housing opportunities that HCD provides, please call 274-7954.